A project I used to explore using HTML Canvas and learning animation and collision detection. I started out with MDN's tutorial on creating a Breakout-style game, and then tried to incorporate the look, feel, and rules of the original Breakout! arcade game. The ball speed increases each time the player breaks into a new color layer, and once the top layer has been broken through the paddle width is cut in half. The scoring system for the bricks is the same as the original game. I plan on changing the score readout from a text field to an actual drawn score that matches the style of the arcade. I would also like to incorporate the "english" you can put on the ball by glancing it off the paddle at a sharp angle.
© 2020 wprestonneal.com